From the Series: Questions to Ask Software or Cloud Vendors
Part 2 - Tough Questions to Better Qualify Any Cloud Vendor
How can you more quickly qualify and evaluate any cloud vendor?
This white paper is designed to reduce the complexity of the cloud buying process by providing ten penetrating questions to ask cloud vendors to become a more informed buyer. Customers interested in purchasing any cloud service (for example, IT help desk or customer service) encounter a myriad of problems and obstacles during the purchase process. The white paper provides practical "how to" advice to help avoid mistakes that even the most experienced professionals make that cost a lot of time and money. Use these questions to poke and prod at your list of cloud vendors.
Some topics covered include:
- Using uptime and support service level agreements to manage our relationship
- Is your cloud software web-native?
- How to qualify the reliability and security of a data center; SSAE 18 (formally SAS 70 & SSAE 16), Trustwave PCI Certification and SysTrust Compliance
- Adding licenses & provisioning disk space
- Access to your data
- How are maintenance windows handled?
- Is source code escrow available?
IT Help Desk Whitepapers
- How Does Your Help Desk Measure Up? - A Help Desk can cut costs and enhance productivity. Is yours meeting the mark?
- Considerations for Outsourcing: Service Desk - A guide to improving your Service Desk and Service Delivery performance through outsourcing
- Looking Beyond the Sticker Price - "What it really costs to operate a call tracking system" - Summary of Acquisition and Lifetime Costs
- How Does the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA) Impact the Hospital and Healthcare Industry